What is Emson Inc. Looking For?
Emson Inc. is on the hunt for innovative inventions that are going to shake up the retail scene. We want to help you bring your idea to life in a competition setting. All inventions must be complete and beyond the conception stage. Whether you think you can revolutionize the fitness industry, have a new kitchen gadget that will make people stop and go – “Yes! I need that”, or have the latest and greatest item for pets we want to meet with you. As an “As Seen on TV” manufacturer and distributor, Emson Inc. is offering the ideal platform to showcase your talent, ingenuity and creativity. This opportunity will allow your product to be promoted and advertised on TV; then sold on retail shelves at stores such as Walmart, Target, and Bed Bath & Beyond.
Emson Inc. wants the best and brightest collegiate inventors to show us what they can do. There is no limit to what someone can achieve when they put their mind to something and we are here to foster your creativity and drive. No idea is too small or big as long as there is a need in the marketplace. Who better to change the way retail thinks than those who are the main contributor to purchasing power in the industry?
Below you will find the rules of the competition, as well as all other relevant information. We here at Emson Inc. look forward to reviewing your submissions and cannot wait to discover the next great entrepreneur and grow your product into a household name.
Rules of the Competition
- Must currently be enrolled in an undergraduate program.
- Proper documentation may be required.
- Applicants must be over the age of 18.
- Applicants must be a legal resident of the United States.
- The idea is solely yours and has not been taken from someone else.
- One entry per person/team.
- Applicants may work in teams.
- Each individual applicant must fill out an application.
- All inventions must be past conception.
- There must be evidence that the product has been put into practice.
- Ideally products should be patented or patent pending.
- In order for a product/invention to be eligible to compete, it must never have been made available for public consumption or any process associated with.
- The item you are entering in the competition may not have been mentioned in any type of publication.
- All entries must be in English.
- All inventions must be submitted by October 14, 2016
- The finalists will be notified by November 11, 2016.
- If chosen as a finalist, you will be flown to New York City, with accommodations, to present your product in front of a panel of judges.
- The competition will take place on December 12-14, 2016.
- The winner will be eligible to receive $10,000.